Medical care must be paid for by your employer if you get hurt on the job
– whether or not you miss time from work.
– You may be eligible to receive benefits even if you are a temporary or part-time worker.
– You may be covered by workers’ compensation as an employee even if you are called an “independent contractor.”
– You don’t have to be a legal resident of the United States to receive most workers’ compensation benefits.
– You usually receive benefits no matter who was at fault for your job injury.
– You can’t sue your employer for a job injury in superior court (in most cases).
– It’s illegal for your employer to punish or fire you for having a job injury or for requesting workers’ compensation benefits when you believe your injury was caused by your job.